BVCNL is the industry organisation representing the interests of the gift card industry in the Netherlands
Since 2017 the BVCNL represents the Dutch Key Players in a €1.5 billion gift card market. With over 40 members including retailers, issuers, suppliers, service providers and card manufacturers we provide a platform and infrastructure for members to collaborate, share best practice and keep up to date with a fast growing and dynamic industry.
BVCNL actively promotes the collective interests of its members. It monitors the reputation of the industry and liaises with stakeholders to create maximum benefits opportunities for its members.
The core objectives are:
- Information sharing and accessibility of industry data
- A middleman in lobbying with regulatory bodies and government
- Providing networking & communication strategies
In summary, BVCNL aims to improve both product quality and services provided by its members.
Gift card of the Year election and gala
Every year in November the BVCNL organises the election Gift card of the Year. Consumers vote for their favourite gift card in 12 different categories. The category winners and overall winner receive an award and positive exposure for their brands which is a great way to start the Holiday season in December.
Membership of BVCNL includes:
- Networking opportunities and events
- Invaluable insights into the market through sharing of research & data
- Updates on the latest legislation, VAT and regulatory information
- Thought leadership and advocacy to positively position the industry with key stakeholders (including governments and Central Bank of the Netherlands)
- The voice of the industry maximising PR & media on behalf of our members
- Updates with relevant industry information and development in the gift card market
- Event calendar
- Development industry report gift cards
- Gift card of the Year election and gala
- 3 online covid proof member meetings
- Online webinars on eCommerce and legislation
- Publishing GfK consumer monitor
- Advisory role in the implementation of new laws and regulations regarding extension of validity on gift cards
Market report Gift Cards Netherlands
– coming soon –
The BVCNL Market report offers exclusive access to sales data of gift cards in the Netherlands. These insights can help inform your business strategy. The report includes a range of data such as; product types, load value and points of sale (distribution).
It shares valuable insights for everyone in the industry, comparable with the KPMG data in the United Kingdom. The source data is intuitively presented via a Power BI tool and can be filtered to your requirements based on, for example, product segment, type of sales channel or card type.
The BVCNL Market report will help you to:
- Get benchmarks to better understand and compare your position in the gift card landscape
- Use insights to help inform your business decisions
- Identify and boost efforts to sell products that already display a competitive advantage
– most complete market data in the Netherlands
– up to date market data
– insight into market developments, product trends and growth opportunities
– benchmark own results
– low costs compared to alternative industry data
|Option A||Option B|
|Platform access for daily insights||Static report (pdf) provided quarterly|
|€ 5,000 per year for members (€ 15,000 for non-members)||€ 1,500 per year for members (€ 5,000 for non-members)|